The Double Drum tank is a collapsible fuel drum specifically designed to be helicopter-lifted as a slung load. It’s the ideal replacement for metal drums!
The Double Drum eliminates empty drums, folds up for quick transport when empty, protects fuel from condensation and is easy to handle. The attachment rings allow it to be tied down as secured cargo in a boat, barge or truck for ground transport. Once on the ground, the tank can also be hand rolled over short distances, making it easy to position on site.
Most importantly, the Double Drum’s unique double-walled design provides abrasion resistance and built-in secondary containment.
- Double walled – no secondary containment needed.
- Designed to be internal or external cargo
- Suitable for use in Air, ground, marine uses
- 250 USG and 500 USG models
- Rated to operate at 4 PSI – pressure regulator recommended.
- The Double Drum’s inner bladder is made from a 38 oz urethane-coated nylon suitable for storage of diesel and jet fuel. The outer bladder is made from a heavy duty 32 oz OBU that makes it puncture and abrasion resistant.
- The Double Drum’s outer bladder has 15 connection-lifting straps, welded to the outer shell, with 48 x 12,000 lb. rated D-rings to connect to a lifting harness or secure to boat or ground vehicle. The inner bladder is attached by an aluminum 16-bolt outer ring and is removable for inspection and leak detection.
- The Double Drum is radio-frequency welded and seam sealed. It comes with a 1 1/2” fill/drain kit with ball valve, camlock connection and dust cap. Each tank is supplied with a lifting harness to connect to a helicopter or crane.